Tips for searching:
• You have to select a product and type at least 2 words to activate the search
• Use only words that are specific to the information you are looking for
• Avoid typing questions or sentences
Please do not use this field to report adverse events or product complaints. Adverse events and product complaints should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow card in the Google play or Apple app store. Adverse events and product complaints should also be reported to Lilly: please call Lilly UK on 01256 315 000.
Taltz ® (ixekizumab)
This information is intended for UK registered healthcare professionals only as a scientific exchange in response to your search for information. For current prescribing information for all Lilly products, including Summaries of Product Characteristics, Patient Information Leaflets and Instructions for Use, please visit: www.medicines.org.uk (England, Scotland, Wales) or www.emcmedicines.com/en-GB/northernireland/ (Northern Ireland).
What to do, when a Taltz® (ixekizumab) dose is missed in adult patients with plaque psoriasis?
The Taltz European Summary of Product Characteristics does not contain a specific recommendation about what to do when a patient forgets a dose of ixekizumab.
Additional information on the missed dose
- The US Taltz package insert states that if a dose is missed, the dose should be administered as soon as possible. Thereafter, resume dosing at the regular scheduled time.1
- For the pivotal UNCOVER adult psoriasis clinical trials, injections not administered on the scheduled day were to be administered
- within 1 to 3 days of the scheduled day during the induction period (week 0-12), and
- within 5 days of the scheduled day after week 12.2
1Taltz [package insert]. Indianapolis, IN: Eli Lilly and Company; 2021.
2Gordon KB, Blauvelt A, Papp KA, et al; UNCOVER-1, UNCOVER-2, and UNCOVER-3 Study Groups. Phase 3 trials of ixekizumab in moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis. N Engl J Med. 2016;375(4):345-356. http://dx.doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1512711
3Data on file, Eli Lilly and Company and/or one of its subsidiaries.
Date of Last Review: 15 April 2020