Tips for searching:
• You have to select a product and type at least 2 words to activate the search
• Use only words that are specific to the information you are looking for
• Avoid typing questions or sentences
Please do not use this field to report adverse events or product complaints. Adverse events and product complaints should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow card in the Google play or Apple app store. Adverse events and product complaints should also be reported to Lilly: please call Lilly UK on 01256 315 000.
Trulicity ® (dulaglutide)
This information is intended for UK registered healthcare professionals only as a scientific exchange in response to your search for information. For current prescribing information for all Lilly products, including Summaries of Product Characteristics, Patient Information Leaflets and Instructions for Use, please visit: www.medicines.org.uk (England, Scotland, Wales) or www.emcmedicines.com/en-GB/northernireland/ (Northern Ireland).
Trulicity® (dulaglutide) pen: Information on base cap removal
Leave the base cap on until the dose is ready to be injected. Ensure the pen is locked before removing the grey base cap and once removed, discard the base cap.
How to remove the base cap
- Make sure the pen is locked.
- Pull off the grey base cap.
- Do not put the base cap back on – this could damage the needle. Do not touch the needle.
- When removed, the grey base cap appears as shown in and can be discarded.1
- Do not use the pen.
- Safely store the pen and cap and contact Eli Lilly and Company.
- Use a new pen.1
The patient should use the pen immediately after the base cap is removed.2
The base cap
- protects the patient from the needle, and
- keeps the needle sterile.2
What if the pen was unlocked and the green injection button was pressed, before pulling off the base cap?
Do not remove the base cap and dispose of the pen as per local procedure. Inject the dose using another pen.1
1Trulicity [instructions for use]. Eli Lilly Nederland B.V., The Netherlands.
2Data on file, Eli Lilly and Company and/or one of its subsidiaries.
Date of Last Review: 28 January 2022