Tips for searching:
• You have to select a product and type at least 2 words to activate the search
• Use only words that are specific to the information you are looking for
• Avoid typing questions or sentences
Please do not use this field to report adverse events or product complaints. Adverse events and product complaints should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow card in the Google play or Apple app store. Adverse events and product complaints should also be reported to Lilly: please call Lilly UK on 01256 315 000.
Trulicity ® (dulaglutide)
This information is intended for UK registered healthcare professionals only as a scientific exchange in response to your search for information. For current prescribing information for all Lilly products, including Summaries of Product Characteristics, Patient Information Leaflets and Instructions for Use, please visit: www.medicines.org.uk (England, Scotland, Wales) or www.emcmedicines.com/en-GB/northernireland/ (Northern Ireland).
Trulicity® (dulaglutide): How to use the pen
Keep the base cap on until the dose is ready to be injected. Unlock the pen only after it has been placed against the skin and is ready to be injected. Remove the pen from the skin after a second click has been heard.
Directions for use
Please read the user manual carefully before administering dulaglutide.
The dulaglutide pen is a disposable, pre-filled delivery device that is ready to use. Each pen contains one weekly dose of dulaglutide (either 0.75 mg, 1.5 mg, 3.0 mg or 4.5 mg, respectively) and each pen delivers one dose only.1
Step 1: Uncap
- Make sure the pen is locked.
- Pull off and discard the grey base cap.
Do not put the base cap back on – this could damage the needle. Do not touch the needle.1
Step 2: Place and unlock
- Place the clear base flat and firmly against the skin at the injection site.
- Unlock by turning the lock ring.1
Step 3: Press and hold
- Press and hold the green injection button; a loud click will be heard.
- Continue holding the clear base firmly against the skin until a second click is heard. This occurs when the needle starts retracting in about 5-10 seconds.
- Remove the pen from the skin.1
Please find below a short video that demonstrates how to use the pen and confirm a dulaglutide injection is complete.
How to confirm the injection is complete
Link to the user manual
1Trulicity [instructions for use]. Eli Lilly Nederland B.V., The Netherlands.
2Data on file, Eli Lilly and Company and/or one of its subsidiaries.
Date of Last Review: 31 January 2022