Tips for searching:
• You have to select a product and type at least 2 words to activate the search
• Use only words that are specific to the information you are looking for
• Avoid typing questions or sentences
Please do not use this field to report adverse events or product complaints. Adverse events and product complaints should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow card in the Google play or Apple app store. Adverse events and product complaints should also be reported to Lilly: please call Lilly UK on 01256 315 000.
Omvoh ® ▼ (mirikizumab)
This information is intended for UK registered healthcare professionals only as a scientific exchange in response to your search for information. For current prescribing information for all Lilly products, including Summaries of Product Characteristics, Patient Information Leaflets and Instructions for Use, please visit: www.medicines.org.uk (England, Scotland, Wales) or www.emcmedicines.com/en-GB/northernireland/ (Northern Ireland).
How to use the Omvoh® (mirikizumab) pre-filled pen
Keep the grey base cap on until the dose is ready to be injected. Unlock the pen when the clear base is placed flat and firmly against the skin. Remove the pen from the skin after the second loud click is heard.
Before administering a dose
Please read the accompanying instructions for use before administering the mirikizumab pen.
- 2 Omvoh injections are required for a full dose.1
- Inject 1 pen followed right away by the other.
- The pens should be removed from the refrigerator and left at room temperature for 30 minutes before injecting.
- Do not microwave or run hot water over them and keep them away from direct sunlight.
- Each Omvoh pen is for one-time use only and should not be shared or reused.
- Do NOT shake or use if medicine was frozen.
- Patients with visual or hearing problems should not use the pen without help from a caregiver.
- The medicine inside should be clear. It may be colourless to slightly yellow.
- Do NOT inject within 5 centimetres of the belly button (navel).
- If injecting in the front of the thighs, the injection site should be at least 5 centimetres above the knee and 5 centimetres below the groin.
- Do not inject in the same site/spot every time, i.e. if 1st injection is administered to the abdomen, the second injection may be administered at a different location on the abdomen.
- Do not inject into areas where the skin is tender, bruised, red or hard.
How to administer a dose
1. Uncap the pen.1
2. Place and unlock.1
3. Press and Hold for up to 10 Seconds1
- Press and hold the blue injection button. A loud click will be heard (injection started).
- Keep holding the clear base firmly against the skin. A second loud click will be heard about 10 seconds after the first one (injection completed).
- The injection is complete when the grey plunger is visible.
- Remove the pen from the skin.
- If there is bleeding at the injection site, press a cotton ball or gauze over the injection site.
- Do not rub the injection site.