Tips for searching:
• You have to select a product and type at least 2 words to activate the search
• Use only words that are specific to the information you are looking for
• Avoid typing questions or sentences
Please do not use this field to report adverse events or product complaints. Adverse events and product complaints should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow card in the Google play or Apple app store. Adverse events and product complaints should also be reported to Lilly: please call Lilly UK on 01256 315 000.
Taltz ® (ixekizumab)
This information is intended for UK registered healthcare professionals only as a scientific exchange in response to your search for information. For current prescribing information for all Lilly products, including Summaries of Product Characteristics, Patient Information Leaflets and Instructions for Use, please visit: www.medicines.org.uk (England, Scotland, Wales) or www.emcmedicines.com/en-GB/northernireland/ (Northern Ireland).
How to confirm Taltz® (ixekizumab) dose delivery
The dose was delivered when: in the pre-filled pen - the grey plunger is visible at the top of the clear base; in the pre-filled syringe - the green plunger rod is visible through the syringe body
When is the injection complete?
The pre-filled pen has visual and audible signals to confirm the injection was completed.1
To perform the injection, the user should press the green injection button.
- There will be a loud click that signifies the release of a spring inside the pen. The user should keep holding the clear base firmly against the skin.
- A second loud click is heard about 5 to 10 seconds after the first one. It indicates that the injection is complete.
- Do not remove the pre-filled pen from your skin until you hear the second loud click.
- Following the injection completion, the grey plunger will now be visible below the device label.1,2
The user might not hear any clicks during the dose delivery or hear a soft click before the second loud click. Do not remove the pen from the skin until the second loud click is heard. In addition, the user should check the position of the grey plunger at the top of the clear base after the injection.1,2
Please find below a short video that demonstrates how to use the pen and confirm an ixekizumab injection is complete.
The pre-filled syringe has visual signals to confirm the injection was successfully completed.1
To perform the injection, the user should slowly push the plunger all the way in until all the medicine is injected. The grey syringe plunger should be pushed all the way to the end of the syringe. Then, the user should gently remove the needle from the skin.
The injection is complete when:
- the green plunger rod is visible through the body of the syringe
- the grey syringe plunger is pushed all the way to the end of the syringe.3
1Data on file, Eli Lilly and Company and/or one of its subsidiaries.
2Taltz EU Patient Information Leaflet – Instructions for Use, Utrecht, The Netherlands: Eli Lilly Nederland B.V.
3Taltz [patient information leaflet]. Eli Lilly and Company (Ireland) Limited, Ireland
Date of Last Review: 24 March 2022