Tips for searching:
• You have to select a product and type at least 2 words to activate the search
• Use only words that are specific to the information you are looking for
• Avoid typing questions or sentences
Please do not use this field to report adverse events or product complaints. Adverse events and product complaints should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow card in the Google play or Apple app store. Adverse events and product complaints should also be reported to Lilly: please call Lilly UK on 01256 315 000.
Trulicity ® (dulaglutide)
This information is intended for UK registered healthcare professionals only as a scientific exchange in response to your search for information. For current prescribing information for all Lilly products, including Summaries of Product Characteristics, Patient Information Leaflets and Instructions for Use, please visit: www.medicines.org.uk (England, Scotland, Wales) or www.emcmedicines.com/en-GB/northernireland/ (Northern Ireland).
How should Trulicity® (dulaglutide) be disposed of?
Dispose of used pens in a sharps container. Do not recycle the filled sharps container or the dulaglutide pens.
Why should dulaglutide pens be disposed of in a sharps container?
The needle on the dulaglutide pen is permanently attached and cannot be taken off. Even though the needle retracts after the injection, the pen is considered a “sharps” because of the attached needle.
- Properly dispose of dulaglutide pens in a closable, puncture-resistant sharps container, even though there is no need to see or handle the needle.
- DO NOT put used or unused dulaglutide pens in the household waste.
- Dispose of your sharps containers safely when they are full.1
How should unused medicinal product be disposed of?
Any unused medicinal product or waste material should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements.2
1Data on file, Eli Lilly and Company and/or one of its subsidiaries.
2Trulicity [summary of product characteristics]. Eli Lilly Nederland B.V., The Netherlands.
Date of Last Review: 25 January 2022