Tips for searching:
• You have to select a product and type at least 2 words to activate the search
• Use only words that are specific to the information you are looking for
• Avoid typing questions or sentences
Please do not use this field to report adverse events or product complaints. Adverse events and product complaints should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow card in the Google play or Apple app store. Adverse events and product complaints should also be reported to Lilly: please call Lilly UK on 01256 315 000.
Omvoh ® ▼ (mirikizumab)
This information is intended for UK registered healthcare professionals only as a scientific exchange in response to your search for information. For current prescribing information for all Lilly products, including Summaries of Product Characteristics, Patient Information Leaflets and Instructions for Use, please visit: www.medicines.org.uk (England, Scotland, Wales) or www.emcmedicines.com/en-GB/northernireland/ (Northern Ireland).
How should Omvoh® (mirikizumab) devices be disposed of?
Dispose of used pre-filled pens or syringes in a sharps container. Do not recycle the sharps disposal container.
Why should mirikizumab devices be disposed in a sharps container?
Mirikizumab devices i.e. pre-filled pens and syringes must be disposed of as a "sharp" because of the attached needles. The needles on the devices are permanently attached and cannot be taken off.
- Place the used devices in a closable puncture-resistant sharps container.
- DO NOT place used or unused devices in the household waste.
- Dispose of the sharps container as per community guidelines/local laws.1
If a sharps container is unavailable, how should patients dispose of their devices?
If patients do not have a sharps disposal container, they may use a household container that is
- made of heavy‑duty plastic,
- can be closed with a tight-fitting, puncture-resistant lid, without sharps being able to come out,
- upright and stable during use,
- leak‑resistant, and is
- properly labelled to warn of hazardous waste inside the container.
How should unused mirikizumab be disposed of?
Any unused medicinal product or waste material should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements.4
1Data on file, Eli Lilly and Company and/or one of its subsidiaries.
2Omvoh 100 mg for solution for injection in pre-filled syringe [instructions for use]. Eli Lilly Nederland B.V., The Netherlands.
3Omvoh 100 mg for solution for injection in pre-filled pen [instructions for use]. Eli Lilly Nederland B.V., The Netherlands.
4Omvoh [summary of product characteristics]. Eli Lilly Nederland B.V., The Netherlands.
▼ This medicinal product is subject to additional monitoring. This will allow quick identification of new safety information. Healthcare professionals are asked to report any suspected adverse reactions.
Date of Last Review: 01 May 2023