Tips for searching:
• You have to select a product and type at least 2 words to activate the search
• Use only words that are specific to the information you are looking for
• Avoid typing questions or sentences
Please do not use this field to report adverse events or product complaints. Adverse events and product complaints should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow card in the Google play or Apple app store. Adverse events and product complaints should also be reported to Lilly: please call Lilly UK on 01256 315 000.
Abasaglar ® (basal insulin glargine)
This information is intended for UK registered healthcare professionals only as a scientific exchange in response to your search for information. For current prescribing information for all Lilly products, including Summaries of Product Characteristics, Patient Information Leaflets and Instructions for Use, please visit: www.medicines.org.uk (England, Scotland, Wales) or www.emcmedicines.com/en-GB/northernireland/ (Northern Ireland).
How should Abasaglar® (insulin glargine) be stored?
Store the unopened insulin glargine cartridges and pens in a refrigerator (2°C - 8°C). Do not freeze. After the first use/ insertion of cartridge, store at room temperature below 30°C. Protect from light.
Recommended storage conditions
- Store in a refrigerator (2°C - 8°C).
- Do not freeze. Do not store next to the freezer compartment or a freezer pack.
- Keep cartridges and pre-filled pens in their outer carton to protect them from light.1
The shelf life before use is 2 years.1
After first use (in use)/ insertion of cartridge
- The medicinal product may be stored for a maximum of 28 days up to 30°C.
- Keep away from direct heat or direct light.
- In use pens must not be stored in the refrigerator.
- The pen cap must be put back on the pen after each injection in order to protect from light.
- Patients should not store the pen with the needle attached to prevent leaking, blocking the needle, and air from entering the pen.1,2
1Abasaglar [summary of product characteristics]. Eli Lilly Nederland B.V., The Netherlands.
2Abasaglar [instructions for use]. Eli Lilly Nederland B.V., The Netherlands .
Date of Last Review: 30 January 2022