Tips for searching:
• You have to select a product and type at least 2 words to activate the search
• Use only words that are specific to the information you are looking for
• Avoid typing questions or sentences
Please do not use this field to report adverse events or product complaints. Adverse events and product complaints should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow card in the Google play or Apple app store. Adverse events and product complaints should also be reported to Lilly: please call Lilly UK on 01256 315 000.
Omvoh ® ▼ (mirikizumab)
This information is intended for UK registered healthcare professionals only as a scientific exchange in response to your search for information. For current prescribing information for all Lilly products, including Summaries of Product Characteristics, Patient Information Leaflets and Instructions for Use, please visit: www.medicines.org.uk (England, Scotland, Wales) or www.emcmedicines.com/en-GB/northernireland/ (Northern Ireland).
Does the Omvoh® (mirikizumab) pre-filled pen come with a needle attached?
The needle on the pre-filled pen is sterile, permanently attached and cannot be removed. Do not touch the needle.
What are the specifications of the needle on the pre-filled pen?
The needle of the prefilled pen is
- a 27-gauge (thin wall) x ½ inch (12.7 mm) permanently built-in stainless-steel needle (staked needle)
- not visible as the pen has a hidden needle feature, and
- permanently attached and cannot be taken off and therefore will not work with safety shields for needles.
- penetrates into the skin at a depth of approximately 5.5 mm.
- is made of stainless steel which contains nickel, and
- is lubricated with silicon for injection comfort.1
How can the user avoid damaging the needle on the pre-filled pen?
Does the needle retract after the injection has been administered?
When the medicine is completely delivered, the needle begins to travel upward (retract). The patient may feel the needle travel upwards in the pen. The second loud click is heard right before the needle stops retracting.1
If the needle does not retract after the injection, it should not be touched and the base cap must not be replaced. The pen should be stored in a safe place to avoid accidental needlestick and patients should be asked to contact their health care providers.2
1Data on file, Eli Lilly and Company and/or one of its subsidiaries.
2Omvoh 100 mg for solution for injection in pre-filled pen [instructions for use]. Eli Lilly Nederland B.V., The Netherlands.
▼ This medicinal product is subject to additional monitoring. This will allow quick identification of new safety information. Healthcare professionals are asked to report any suspected adverse reactions.
Date of Last Review: 02 May 2023